About the IPA
As the public policy arm of the nation’s largest representative Orthodox Jewish organization‚ representing nearly 1,000 congregations nationwide‚ the OU’s Institute for Public Affairs works to promote Jewish values and protect Jewish interests in the public square.
- Protects and strengthens the Orthodox Jewish community by ensuring that government laws and programs (federal and state) support the life of the Orthodox Jewish individuals and our institutions.
- Works to address the challenge of the affordability of Jewish day school education through the means of public sector support and funding.
- Serves as the voice of Orthodox Judaism regarding the concerns and interests of our community in the media.
- Trains community leaders in the methods of advocacy and the substance of critical issues.
- Convenes leaders of the Orthodox Jewish community to discuss critical issues and the means of addressing them via public policy.
- Serves as the Orthodox community’s link to the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, the World Jewish Congress, and other umbrella entities.
In addition to its day-to-day activities, the IPA sponsors an annual National Leadership Mission to Washington, D.C., and the IPA Legislative Fellowship Program, training the next generation of Orthodox Jewish policymakers and activists.
The OU/IPA invites you to become an active participant in our programs and to become our partner in working for the advancement of our community and our values.
You can contact the Institute for Public Affairs at (212) 613-8123 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Yehuda Neuberger, Chairman
Nathan Diament, Executive Director of Public Policy
Maury Litwack, Director of State Political Affairs and Outreach
Jeff Leb, New York State Director of Political Affairs
Josh Pruzansky, Regional Director – New Jersey
Roslyn A. Singer, Director of Communications
Jesse Hervitz, Associate Director of Political Affairs
Michelle Twersky, Associate Regional Director – Pennsylvania
Arielle Frankston-Morris, Marketing Director – New Jersey
Sara Rosengarten, Associate Director of NJ Voter Outreach
Avigayil Heller, Communications Assistant
Jesse Katz, Legislative Fellow
Melissa Katz, Administrator