OU Advocacy works at the federal and state levels, engaging with legislators, government leaders and policymakers to advocate on issues that affect and impact the Jewish community. Our efforts and activities include:
- meeting with the President of the United States, U.S. senators and representatives
- securing resources for Jewish day schools and synagogues
- building coalitions with lawmakers as well as other faith-based organizations
- arranging community meetings with governors, state and local legislators to discuss issues important to the Jewish community
- educating and mobilizing the Jewish community to vote in every election
While our primary “big bucket” issues include tuition affordability, supporting Israel, religious freedom and community safety, OU Advocacy works on a wide range of issues. Please see our Issues Library for the many concerns we address.